Bangalore Bible Fellowship – Statement of Faith
BBF was conceptualised in 2005 by a group of believers who felt the need for a focused fellowship for professionals. Over the next few years it took solid shape as a trans-denominational congregation for people of all walks of life. Our purpose statement is “We are a body of believers, making a difference, as light and salt, at the workplace, and in the community, under the Lordship of Christ.” We believe in informal worship practices not constrained by doctrinal dogmas. Our focus is on application of biblical knowledge in day to day life, while growing in personal relationship with our Lord Jesus Christ. Our statement of faith is centred around evangelical ethos of Christian Faith. Please read our statement of faith.
1. We believe that the Bible is the inspired Word of God and is infallible and authoritative in the original writings.
2. We believe in one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
3. We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious death and atonement through His shed blood, in His bodily
resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, in his present rule as the Head of the Church, in His personal return in power and glory.
4. We believe that for the salvation of lost and sinful humanity, regeneration by the Holy Spirit and personal faith in the Lord Jesus Christ are absolute essential, hence, in the Great
5. We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life.
6. We believe in the forgiveness of sins, the resurrection of the body, and life eternal.
7. We believe in the spiritual unity of the Church with equality across racial, gender, and class differences, which is the Body of Christ, composed of all who are regenerated through faith in the Lord Jesus Christ.